Thursday, February 8th, 7-9PM, Cubberley Room A-2 – PARENTS’ FORUM & WORKSHOP (open to currently enrolled and accepted applicants to The Music Within Us program)
Here are some possible agenda items:
- How to deal with various forms of resistance to practicing (using real-life examples from parents)
- Rationale for importance of fundamentals of violin position and basic technique (using both beginning and advanced violin repertoire to demonstrate)
- Thoughtful practice strategies for all levels of players
- Stories of students who have made key transitions in their development (I will ask certain parents to share the story of these moments experienced with their children)
- Organizational development of The Music Within Us program: ideas for future parent community-building activities and events
- PLEASE ADD YOUR IDEAS for agenda items you would like to see discussed…
(CONFIRMED!) SATURDAY, February 10th, 7:30PM, Palo Alto – Performance for Chinese Community Center of Palo Alto member dinner
March 29 through April 1 – “RESIDENCY WEEKEND” with current seniors in high school from the Betty Haag Academy. Mini concert of advanced repertoire for our students, rep class with our guests, and parent Q&A time (hear current teens’ perspective on their own process of studying violin since preschool).
SATURDAY, May 12 through SUNDAY May 20 – ORCHESTRA HALL WEEK! There will be no lessons as we prepare each day in rehearsal for our trip to Chicago to perform at Orchestra Hall.
Please stay tuned for more detailed information on each of the above events as it becomes available.